Concord 4 how to disable phone line comm

Old 02-19-18, 04:35 PM
A
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Concord 4 how to disable phone line comm

I been using the alarm system for over 3 years and now I have come to the part of life I知 ending my home phone line. I知 also not under contract anymore with the monitoring service. So before I disconnect my home line and not longer have a home phone I wanted to bypass, disconnect, disable, etc the phone communications from the alarm to the monitoring service. I want to be able to arm the system from time to time and not have any issues with the phone not being connected. I know this will not contact the monitoring service and it the alarm is tripped it will jut sound the siren, which I知 ok with.

So can I use the alarm and not have it monitored and not have a home phone line and no cellular card connected.

Old 02-20-18, 02:18 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
With a Concord 4 you need to know the installer code to access programming to disable the dialer; and you need to have the correct keypad model that can access programming.

What is your keypad model? It needs to be one of the ones at top of the list on page 3 of the installer manual: http://static.interlogix.com/library...ion-manual.pdf

Old 02-20-18, 05:21 AM
A
Where on the key pad can I find the model number? I just took a look and didn't see any model numbers printed anywhere. Do I have to remove it from the wall to see it? If so how to I remove it from the wall? I'm assuming there is a mounting plate the pad get installed on to.

Old 02-20-18, 06:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I think it's on the PC board in the keypad. On some models, yes, the geniuses put the keypad model label on the back side of the mounting bracket (don't ask me why this made sense...)

Old 02-21-18, 10:05 AM
A
Ok, I verified I can get into the system programming. Now what setting do I update, delete or change so the system no longer calls out, or test dial tone or does its monthly phone test.

im trying to avoid the failure or trouble signal when there is no phone at the home.

Old 02-21-18, 03:02 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
All you should have to do, then, is go into the phones menu and delete the phone number(s).

Also check the line fail delay setting. It needs to be set to "none" so that the system isn't looking for a live phone line.

Old 03-05-18, 10:51 AM
A
How can I find the phone settings? Do you know the shortcut menu?

Old 03-05-18, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Look starting on page 50 of the manual in the link in my first reply. All the shortcut codes are in that list. There is also a diagram/tree of the programming tiers towards the back of the manual.

Old 03-05-18, 04:33 PM
A
Thanks for the help, but apparently I have the installer code and I can't see the phone number. According to the manual in the link on page 51 under phone number looks like you need a dealer code if that was used to enter the phone number.
is the dealer code stored somewhere in the programming?
how can I just disable the phone so I don't get a communication error while using the alarm with the home phone?

Old 03-05-18, 06:18 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
If they also programmed in a dealer code, short of a lucky guess, all you really can do is replace the main board. There's no "back door" or clever trick around that.

Old 03-05-18, 07:16 PM
A
I can get to the phone options and turn off
phone test
automatic phone test
communication failure

is this enough to be able to arm the alarm just as a noise maker and not communicate to the central station? Or have the trouble light trigger when there is no phone?

Just want to arm the alarm and used it locally, basically just for the siren

Old 03-06-18, 02:27 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The answer is a qualified "maybe". It should keep the trouble alert off. Not sure if it won't come on again if the alarm is actually tripped. As long as you can set a working user code, it should be functional.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: