Steps to program a wireless door sensor into Interlogix NX 8E

Old 03-09-18, 01:30 PM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Steps to program a wireless door sensor into Interlogix NX 8E

Hi everyone:

I have to add several wireless door sensors to our alarm system. I'm having some difficulties following the programming instructions. Would someone be so kind to walk me through how to program these into the keypad/wireless receiver? I'd be grateful. Thanks for your help!

Old 03-09-18, 03:08 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Are you using a wireless receiver keypad model, or a separate receiver module?

Old 03-10-18, 06:47 AM
R
I'm using the wireless keypad, Ron. Thanks so much for the help!

Old 03-11-18, 08:59 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
To add a transmitter using a NX-148E-RF:
Installer manual: https://static.interlogix.com/library/466-2198%20REV%20F.pdf#`

Assuming that this is keypad #1 in partition 1:

*8 [installer code]
[keypad address: In this case it is 192] #
400 # (transmitter learning)
[zone number] *
Trip the transmitter; you should get a "ding-dong"
Exit programming by pressing [EXIT] twice

Page 3 of the installer manual.

Old 03-12-18, 09:56 AM
R
Thanks Ron. I had tried these steps before posting, and I wasn't able to get it to work. Here's what I'm seeing.

1.. *8
2. 192#
3. 400#

At this point, the keypad shows LOC 400 SEG 1. If I press 27* (the zone I want the transmitter assigned to), it switches to 400 SEG 2 and nothing happens.

I have one additional keypad installed on the system, so I tried to modify step #2 to the 2nd keypad number, so I typed 200#. At step 3 when I entered 400#, I got a triple beep error.

Am I missing something? Thanks for the continued help.

Last edited by RCPWisc; 03-12-18 at 10:36 AM.
Old 03-12-18, 10:35 AM
R
When I'm in device programming for the keypad (192), it seems as though the locations correspond to the zones we have programmed. However, I'm seeing double entries on some of the zones. For instance, I see that our boiler room smoke detector is showing up on Zone 17, and then it shows up again on Zone 32 (at least the text does). Is that normal? Which is right - it can't be on both zones ... ?? We do have a zone expander, so I don't know if that means anything or not. I'm really wishing we installed a Vista series panel ... these panels are beyond confusing. :/

Last edited by RCPWisc; 03-12-18 at 11:13 AM.
Old 03-12-18, 02:32 PM
R
After futzing more with this today, I realized that the keypad was set at address 3. I used address 208 for programming, and I did hear a "ding-dong" when I programmed the wireless door sensor in (I tried Zone 27 because it was the next zone in sequence from Zones 25 and 26), but when I hit exit and the panel rebooted, the ready light remained illumined no matter where I placed the contact. So I have no clue if it's actually "in there" or not, and what zone it's actually programmed to.

I'm still seeing "doubled" zones. For example, I have a wired door sensor set at Zone 11, and when I open the door, that's the zone which is faulted on the display. But there's a zone descriptor on Zone 27 for the same door. Is Zone 27 another wired zone or a wireless zone? I have no clue.

Location 594 is set to 0.

I checked location 425-450. Some have bit 1 active (meaning the wireless device is active I guess?) and some don't.

I have no clue how our installer wired this stuff up. It seems completely disorganized. At this point, I have no clue what zones are available for wireless programming and what zones are not.

It's an NX-8v2 BTW ... I thought it was an 8E. Sorry about that.

If I can ever get these programmed in, I need to set them as Zone Type 2 - 24hr audible alarm. They're being installed in AC enclosures to protect our copper piping. Please tell me that's possible .........

Thanks for the continued help.

Last edited by RCPWisc; 03-12-18 at 02:54 PM.
Old 03-13-18, 02:56 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
The biggest problem seems to be that you are working on the system without a clear layout of what you are starting from. Things like determining the keypad addresses and system model is very necessary. Do you have a list of what you existing zone configuration is?

The zone descriptors can be programmed independently of any device.

Once you enroll the transmitter, you still have to make the new zone active in the partition. (Main system programming Locations 31 and 32)

NX-8v2 installer manual: https://static.interlogix.com/librar...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 03-13-18, 05:43 AM
R
I hear that! I do have a list of zones that the installers connected to the system, but these "double" zone descriptors that I'm finding in later zones aren't on their sheet they gave me. I have no idea why I'm seeing them.

If I try to program a wireless transmitter into a zone and I get a triple beep from the keypad when entering in the zone number, what is that beep telling me? Is it telling me that there's already a wireless transmitter programmed there? It could be that it's indeed programmed in, and I have to enable it in the panel programming. I'll give that a try and report back. Thanks for the continued help.

Old 03-13-18, 06:55 AM
R
I decided to look at the zone types for the "doubled" zones, and they were all 6's, which told me that the zones are not being used. The transmitter did indeed program into Zone 27 like I thought it had. Once I assigned the zone type and partition, the transmitter began working. The repeater also seems to be doing the trick. The signal is weak where we need it to go, but the sensors are responding, so I'll take it as a win for now. I don't know if temperature will affect the signal range ... time will tell. Thanks again for all the help, Ron!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: