DSC PC1616 extending wireless

Old 04-11-18, 03:56 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
DSC PC1616 extending wireless

I have a 1616 and wanted to extend it with some wireless things, namely a few motion sensors and glassbreak sensors in areas that are not covered well.

I have read a few times now that it is extremely easy to jam those wireless devices. Is this still true or did the change something so I cant easily render a security system useless?

Also, is there a real difference in adding a wireless receiver to the panel vs. doing that through a keypad?just wondering what route i should go, if it even makes sense to spend the money or if it's too easy to disable.

Thank you

Old 04-11-18, 02:40 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Jamming _can_ be done, but, in reality, the equipment and knowledge to do so is pretty substantially beyond the typical criminal. This is typically a crime of opportunity, and it's not really a thing.

My preference (and recommendation) is wired devices, but modern wireless intrusion devices are far from a pushover.

Old 04-11-18, 03:16 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks. I do have mostly everything wired, even had to fix some things, but I dont want to run additional wires in an existing home to add a couple motion sensors and a couple other sensors. Glad that's not as easy as maybe assumed.

now, I really I would put a wireless receiver on the panel and not use one integrated in the keypad, right? if someone would somehow get past the initial barrier (door sensors) and RIP out the key pad, the wireless sensors would be gone. if its centrally located with the panel (and already need to cross several motion sensors to get there), it might be safer.

Old 04-12-18, 02:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
If the system is armed, destroying the keypad/receiver would generate an alarm, anyway. Since you already have good keypads, the standalone receiver is the better choice, both in price, and range.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: