Choosing a failover cell module for NX-6V2

Old 05-11-18, 03:25 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Choosing a failover cell module for NX-6V2

Hi All,
I have an installation that has no POTS line (only Comcast VOIP ATA). Have installed a NX-595E with a NX-6V2 panel. UltraSync is good, and most likely will be able to find a company who monitors via UltrSync or OH CID or SIA format offered by the 595. Like the free app.

Researching cellular device as a failover. I have looked at the NX-591E, which is a possibility. Really not interested in the NX-592E since it is only for Alarm.com.

1. How would the panel and/or the 595E be programmed to use the cell as a failover device?
2. There will be no "phone line" to monitor, therefore the cell MUST communicate on a regular basis "just in case (?)
3. It looks like the sim card is pre-installed. Who is the provider??
3. Are there other cell modules (not Interlogix) that would work with this panel that would give me the ability to select a provider and sim card and choose a very limited plan?
Thanks!!

Old 05-12-18, 07:23 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
The NX-591E works through Uplink, and has to be activated by an Uplink dealer account.
It doesn't look like there are any configuration options to make the NX-591E and NX-595E aware of each other.

The SIM cards used in these things aren't "normal" sim cards, because these alarm communicators use something of a "sub-channel" of the normal cellular data spectrum.

Telguard makes models that give you the choice between ATT and Verizon; and those plub into the phone connection as a landline replacement, which might be closer to what you are after.

https://www.telguard.com/products/residential/

Old 05-12-18, 07:16 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you Mr.Ron! I have looked all over the net! It looks like that kind of connection (plugging into the landline) is the answer we need. I had seen the Telguard name on the site of the security company my son has presently for his home. When all of his shops are set up with their new security systems , we had planned on getting info and a bid from them. I had briefly looked at the Telguard site, but didn't fully understand how it works. The monitoring company he had for his shops was really worthless (couldn't even tell him which sensor set off the alarm!) . Cost him alot of $$ paid to the police for false alarms. So he will use the IP reporting with UltraSync and me to program changes for a bit before he goes the commercial route again.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: