Vista 21ip & home automation advice needed

Old 05-13-18, 12:07 PM
F
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista 21ip & home automation advice needed

So, I am now trying to finish up my alarm setup with a (hopefully) well thought out home automation controller attached to it.

I currently have:

vista 21ip (will most likely be monitored by Ethernet - not sure if I want TC or not)
VAM (it kinda sucks)
Single Z wave plus device (but adding more soon).

After replacing my 2nd VAM under warranty, it seems to be finally running in a stable fashion but boy are there a lot of bugs to be worked out here.

The issue I am having here, is that I am under the impression that I need to buy a home automation controller like Viera or Samsung Smart Things in order to really modernize the Vista panel and be able to do the "cool" things that I keep reading about.

I am hoping someone here has gone through this process and can recommend a good path for me here.

The way I see it I have a few options in order to connect the panel the outside world and get home automation/ Z-wave under one belt.

1) Samsung Smart Things
2) Viera
3) Envision Link 4
4) Alarm Decoder (usb or adruino version?)
5) VAM ????

Currently I own an Amazon Echo v2 and who knows what else in the future I might replace that with.

Does anyone have experience with the Echo + TC2? If I did subscribe to TC2, would the above be a waste of effort/money?

Thanks in advance!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: