Security system for tent store recommendations

Old 05-20-18, 05:38 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Security system for tent store recommendations

Hello,

i do shows and sales in the summer out of a large tent (60 x 40). The flaps can be put down on all sides and they are heavy duty canvas. In the past I would either sleep there or hire someone to stay up all night.

I am thinking I should be able to get a security system with motion detectors and cameras that can record any time there is mvement inside the tent, sound an alarm, and call me to look at a live feed. I would also take a heavy duty chain, tightened by a comealong, to also deter anyone that wants to get in. I figure I probably could even use a magnetic closure on the flap and put a door or window sensor as well if anyone messes around with it.

Recommendations for a system or other ideas how to do this? Ideally it would either be self powered or have battery backup. Sometimes there is a broadband wifi I can connect to, but sometimes I would have to use 4G LTE for the wifi.

It' geta pretty expensive to hire people for a couple dozen of nights.

Thanks for any suggestions and guidance.

Old 05-20-18, 06:01 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
All your "security system" will do is alert you when it is breached. Anyone could use a sharp knife to cut through the tent, then steal what they want and be gone in less than five minutes. If you really want to stop such actions, as much as I dislike dogs, the ONLY recommendation I can make is a well-trained German Shepard that can spend the night in the tent.

Old 05-24-18, 01:02 PM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the comments on the security dog. We thought of that as well. I guess I was thinking that in the past no one has ever made any attempt, and that a motion sensor , alarm and cameras might be a deterent, perhaps better than someone sleeping in the tent while you're paying them to sit there all night

So if I wanted to do this how would I do it

Old 05-24-18, 01:20 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
I rent out commercial sound and I've been in similar predicaments. Usually the areas are patrolled by the police which makes the area relatively secure and I leave the stage lit up all night. Bright light is an enemy to a thief.

I'm not sure how effective an alarm would be. Motion lights are a good idea.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: