Central monitoring of IP reporting NX-595E

Old 06-01-18, 06:02 AM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Central monitoring of IP reporting NX-595E

Hi All,
Have (and will have several) Interlogix systems with Internet reporting using NX-595E. This uses UltraSync. Looking for DIY friendly monitoring company - Not a company who won't allow anyone but them (@ 50-100 an hour) to work on the system - a system that they did not install. This company (person has used them for 15 years!) wants to get paid to come to the house and default the system, rather than give out a master code and program code.
Look forward to your recommendations and experiences!

Old 06-01-18, 02:24 PM
T
Received 197 Upvotes on 173 Posts
I'd say a service call to default a panel is absolutely reasonable; it appears they are losing a source of revenue.

I'll do it for you if you send me your social security number, date of birth and bank account information. What? You don't think so? That's critical information and I would hope you wouldn't reveal it.

It's not unusual for a company to use a very limited number of program codes and no responsible alarm dealer would reveal such important information.

Old 06-01-18, 05:30 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
We suspected that they use certain codes over and over for their customers. Understand that part. But we can buy a new board and install ourselves for less than they want to come out and default a system. This company took over a builder installed system, but did not make sure all zones were working, or suggest that they install an expansion board instead of the 3-5 connections per zone now on the NX-8. They had installed and monitored the system in my son's previous house. We are not business competitors, but DIYers. If they had done a good job taking over this system, we would have more confidence in them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: