How to disconnect slomins alarm?

Old 08-13-18, 11:12 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to disconnect slomins alarm?

We bought a house that came w/ an existing Slomin's alarm system; we don't use it and want to disconnect it. I found the alarm panel and took pictures of the inside (the wiring diagram and the actual alarm components).

Any ideas?

Thanks,
Bill

Attached Images   
Old 08-13-18, 01:13 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,952 Upvotes on 3,545 Posts
Disconnect the battery inside the panel. Look around for a 16.5v 40w plug in transformer.
If you can't find the transformer.... pull the wire off of terminal 1 and tape it off.

Old 08-18-18, 02:36 PM
W
I also am trying to replace my Slomins alarm and can’t figure out how to disconnect the key pad. I can’t understand how to get the panel off. I enclosed a picture for reference. Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 08-19-18, 04:42 AM
W
Actually, I was able to pop the front off. The inside of my panel looks similar to the OP's. Do people typically cut the wires and push them back into the wall, or try to remove everything? Are any of the wires electrical where I would need to worry about a fire, or if the battery is disconnected thats the only power point? Thanks in advance for any help.

Old 08-19-18, 07:05 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
You don't want to just connect the keypad. You need to find the power source for the alarm control (the box with the battery and main circuit board).

Unplug that from it's outlet, and disconnect the backup battery.

"Slomins" is just a local dealer name, by the way...

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: