Replacement Keypad

Old 10-08-18, 11:33 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Replacement Keypad

Hi,
I'm looking for a replacement keypad for an Ademco 5437 keypad connected to an Ademco N5034 Panel that was installed in 1992.
Thanks your for your help.

Old 10-08-18, 11:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

It looks like that Ademco panel may be an older Vista 10. I don't see anything listed for N5034. You may not have found the model number.

Old 10-08-18, 04:04 PM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
A 5437 Keypad would have been for a 4140XMP Control Panel, which was earlier than the Vista-10, and which would have been the upper-end panel in 1992.

I don't know where you're reading the "N5034", but, like PJmax, I'm pretty sure that isn't the Control Panel model number, which should be on the inside of the Panel Cabinet door, over the wiring diagram.

IIRC, the Vista-XX Panels were introduced around 1995-ish, so that KP has been out of production for about 23 years, give or take a couple. I did a quick check on eBay and didn't find one. Even it you could find one, it's likely a used one that will be just as old as the one you're replacing, and KPs, have a finite lifespan.

Ademco (now Honeywell) has a good record of making its keypads back-compatible, and a modern 6160 KP might work with a 4140XMP, but I can't say for sure. I've never tried it.

You may need to replace your Control Panel and KP, if the 5437 is getting flaky.
The panel you'd need for a replacement would depend largely on what peripherals (wireless expansion module? Hardwired expansion? Model numbers? Number of zones?) you have on your existing system; and of course, assuming I got the 4140XMP model number right.

EDIT: I looked a little further and found a few 6137 Keypads on eBay, which I believe is a later model that replaced 5437. One is advertised as being "brand new", which means it was never installed and sat dormant on a shelf for 20+ years. I don't know how you feel about buying from eBay, but searching for a KP that old limits your options.

Last edited by ChosunOne; 10-08-18 at 04:25 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: