Vista-20se

Old 01-07-19, 07:42 PM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Vista-20se

I recently bought a home with an Ademco Vista-20se alarm system in it and the previous owner did not remember the master code or installer code or anything. The system is not armed and keeps telling me to check zone 11, 12 and 13. I replaced the batteries in the zone sensors yet still displays it. It also keeps displaying Bat under AC and under Bat it displays Not ready. Every so many hours it beeps until I get up and hit off. Can anyone help me reset the code so that I can utilize the system as well as figure out how to clear the not ready so that it does not keep going off. It seems to always happen in the middle of the night.

Old 01-08-19, 02:43 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Power the system down (AC and battery)
Restore AC power
Within 50 seconds press # + * at the same time
The system should enter programming mode.
Press #20 and the keypad will read back the installer code, one digit at a time (ignore leading zeros). Write that down.

Exit programming with *99

Enter a new master code by keying in [installer code] + 8 + 02 + [new master code]. Do this in a smooth entry. If you hesitate more than couple of seconds between keystrokes, the code won't take.

Test the new code by turning the chime on/off.

Installer manual: https://www.reedsecurity.com/pdf/Vis...UserManual.pdf

Old 01-14-19, 05:50 AM
E
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thank you

Thank you for the response. I just received the notification email for the response and read it, so when I get home from work tonight I will try it out. Thank you.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: