Home security system suggestions

Old 01-28-19, 10:58 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Home security system suggestions

I have never bought a home security system and am looking for companies or products to send notifications and start recording video when a gate is opened. I also would like to install multiple cameras and be able to view them on a smartphone or tablet. I have no idea where to start, any input is greatly appreciated.

Old 01-30-19, 05:38 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Ok you aren't after a "security system", you want a CCTV/video system.

Here's a link to a pretty good learning page: https://www.supercircuits.com/resources/learn

Old 08-13-19, 12:24 PM
N
Received 21 Upvotes on 18 Posts
MrRonFL is correct based on what I understand from your post.
With a decent CCTV system, you can have inputs and outputs from the NVR/DVR to trigger recording or other functions.
With that being said, I am going to assume you would probably want a motion record more than a gate opening record trigger. This way if the gate isn't opened, there is still recording if motion is picked up. Would also save the labor of running the required cables and sensor installation.

If you are truely looking for a monitored alarm with cameras, something similar to an Alarm.com setup might work for you. You can monitor cameras, your alarm sensors and other home automation from it but it does require a monthly subscription.

I have both systems at my home (NVR recorder with cameras and the Alarm.com monitoring with home automation). It's way overkill but I use install this equipment as a side business.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: