Ademco Vista 10 SE

Old 08-20-19, 05:23 PM
W
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Ademco Vista 10 SE

. The story so far is I have become the owner of a new to me home with a non working security system. The previous owner said it works but haven't used it many years. So.... They left me a code, they showed me where the panel is and that's about it. So..with great enthusiasm I started to tear into home security, and that has lead me here. The battery has been unplugged and when I plugged in the ac lots happened. Display lit up and then it went to DL , then Stay and Armed mode (Red). I was hopeful for ready and (green). All doors and windows where closed up prior to test run...... Whew.. There are 8 zones listed and there are a 2 window sensors which I assume are wireless, With batteries?. Why doesn't the system reset to ready and why doesn't the code as supplied work. So do I need new batteries and 12v rechargeable at panel for it to work? Any insights are welcome... Thanx in advance...

Old 08-20-19, 05:45 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
It sounds like it was last powered down while armed. If they gave you a code that is supposed to work, you can try disarming it with [code] + 1 (off).

They may have _thought_ they knew the code. There is a way to jump into programming, and retrieve the installer code, which you can use to set a new master user code.

Old 08-21-19, 05:37 AM
W
I will try that. I assume input after it goes to armed status? Am I correct? That should get me to ready, that would be something... Also I have left it in that mode (armed) for a bit without any sirens, but I have been reluctant to open any windows or doors for fear of activating the alarm (correct).. Thanx..

Joeroe voted this post useful.
Old 08-21-19, 10:22 AM
W
That did not result in the hoped for outcome. I entered the code +1 after it was in the armed and stay mode, nothing happened. But, after a few minutes, the pad itself began to chirp..(for lack of a better term). it was constant not to loud, with no way to turn off. I tried entering the "code" then but again... fail. So I ran down and unplugged it.. What about this retrieve the installer code, which you can use to set a new master user code. Can it be done in the armed mode which I'm stuck in? Any info helps, thanx in advance...

Old 08-21-19, 02:50 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Power down the system, both AC and battery.

Restore AC power and within 50 seconds press * + # on the keypad.

It _should_ jump into programming mode. If so, the number 20 will be displayed.

enter #20
It will read back the current installer code, one digit at a time (ignore leading zeros). Write that down.

enter *99 to exit programming. Normally the system will exit programming disarmed.

In normal standby mode; enter [installer code] + 8 + 2 + [new master code].
Do this in one smooth entry, because if you delay more than a couple of seconds between keystrokes, the new code won't take.

Test the code by turning the chime function on and off.

Installer manual: http://alarmhow.net/manuals/Ademco/C...n%20Manual.pdf

Last edited by MrRonFL; 08-29-19 at 02:42 AM.
Old 08-22-19, 08:23 AM
W
I tried, but it did not work. same old armed and ready.....Anything else?

Old 08-22-19, 10:22 AM
P
Received 11 Upvotes on 11 Posts
If you followed Ron's directions, you should have the installer code and should be able to use it to arm/disarm or change user codes, etc. I'd try again.

Old 08-22-19, 11:25 AM
C
Received 71 Upvotes on 64 Posts
"I tried, but it did not work..."

How did it not work? If you had the system powered down ( control panel battery disconnected and transformer/wall wart unplugged)--and then plugged in the transformer to power it up, (forget the battery for now)---
and pressed * and # together, simultaneously, and at the same time--- and held them pressed until "20" was displayed on the keypad (might take a few seconds), then that should have put you in Panel Programming Mode to let you find the Installer Code, per Ron's instructions.

At what point does it not work?

Old 08-22-19, 01:58 PM
W
As per Ron's instructions I did hold down both keys without any result. No number 20 shows on the display what the display say's..... STAY..... and the Red LED is on (armed). That's it. After trying again and holding both keys for 30 seconds I got the alarm!!!! Panicked and ran for the panel....Just wondering could I have entered the supplied code at the key pad, maybe I could have entered the code + 1? I'll maybe try that.. If I can get it to sound again..Thanx for your inputs....

Old 08-22-19, 05:32 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
There is a feature that some installers could turn on using the download software to disable the normal "back door" trick.

What you can try is power the unit down, have a helper hold * + # _while_ you restore power. About 80% of the time, it will bypass the lockout feature. If that doesn't work, then the board is basically junk, and you are going to have to start over with a new alarm control.

Old 08-27-19, 06:31 AM
W
You are a genius. After I returned home, this is the first thing I tried and boom.... 20 popped up and ready lite lit up and I'm staring at the key pad in disbelief. Now what? Used code to turn on and off chime. So that must be it, now to test system...
1. enter code, hit away and walk out the door.
2. Enter door and expect big happenings..bells and whistles, go to pad enter code and turn off?

Thanx and again you are a !@#$%^& genius..

Best......

Old 08-27-19, 02:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Well, what you _should_ get is the warning tone from the keypad to tell you to disarm before the entry delay runs out.

Old 08-28-19, 07:38 AM
W
I am now stuck in ready mode.. The green light is on and ready displays on the keypad. Tried to arm the system by entering away mode with no luck, (entering code + 2). Maybe the code is not correct, but then I tried old code + 8 + 2 new code etc....Nothing. So, what am I missing and are there any other ways to arm..to at least test the system.. Thanx in advance..for any help...

Best....

Old 08-28-19, 02:51 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
First, when you programmed the new master code, you _did_ program a different code from the installer code, and when you tested it on the chime function, it worked?

Old 08-28-19, 05:34 PM
W
Here is where I'm confused. I wasn't able to retrieve the installer code so I was using the master code ... Really just hitting chime button turned it off. Now tonite I tried the */# thing to get the installer code 20 to display, so I could change it and the alarm went off....And I couldn't turn it off with the master code. Bottom line I don't know the installer code I guess. Hope that answers your question. Thanx..Let me know wht

Old 08-29-19, 02:40 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
I suspect that you are trying to use the installer code as an arm/disarm code, and didn't follow the instructions to set the master code _using_ installer code you recovered.

The installer code cannot disarm the system if it's armed or tripped by any other means.

You are going to have to do the whole power down routine, all over again, to get it out of this alarm state.

Old 08-29-19, 02:03 PM
W
Well it seems that I am moving in the wrong direction. So far, When I power down the system and restore power and hold both keys I do get 20 flashing on the display. Not very fast but not steady either. As soon as I enter #20 the display goes blank and there it sits. I then tried the back door method of holding the keys down while powering up, with the same above mentioned results. If I do nothing it eventually goes to ready status with the green light blazing away. When I think back about the chime it seems like a false positive, just hit enough keys and somethings going to heppen....So,That's it to date, and thanx for your insight...Best

Old 08-29-19, 04:07 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
It _is_ possible that the download software was used to totally lock out _any_ local programming alteration. I've seen it, once or twice. Honestly, you best bet is to make as many notes about what zones do what, and replace the 10se, with a Vista 10p. All you need is the board, and it'll be compatible with your existing keypads and devices. The most you'll need to change are the resistors on the zone wiring.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: