Trying to simplify monitoring and video

Old 10-18-19, 04:27 PM
N
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Trying to simplify monitoring and video

I have a Brinks self installed wireless monitoring system on a Simon XT platform. It has been in the house some 6 years and works well. A couple of years ago I acquired an Arlo Pro 2, 5 camera system which I never installed. I know have 2 Alexa Echo Dot's in the house and I can turn my alarm system on and off with it along with other controls in the house.
With all this stuff available to me, I would like to install 2 doorbell cameras that will allow me to converse with whoever is at my door from my iPhone, iPad or computer.
Do, I called Arlo and they said I could add 2 doorbell cameras which would then require a subscription of 9.95 a month. Brinks said I could install 2 nest type doorbell cameras but that monitoring would add to my monthly cost buy 10.00. Their models are called SkyBell Trim Plus and I can add up to 4 cameras for that additional 10.00. I wonder whether that will automatically boot my Alarm.com app on my phone.
My Arlo cameras can interface (if I wish) with an Echo View device but that's another extensive cost. I was wondering how I can go about getting what I want/need in the most economical way. I got the Arlo's due to the fact that they are completely wireless and I don't happen to have outlets outside everywhere I want to put the cameras. Frankly, wired cameras outside simply present additional issues running ugly wires or installing outlets.
So, now with my long winded tome, could anyone offer any suggestions on the best way to go?

Thanks
Ray

Last edited by nitecapt; 10-18-19 at 04:29 PM. Reason: spell
Old 10-19-19, 04:27 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 293 Upvotes on 268 Posts
Video uses a goodly bit of bandwidth, so generally, "cheap" and " remote access video" is not an easy combo to get.

Basically you are going to have to decide which feature set is worth the price to get what you want.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: