networx nx-6v2 disconnect one zone

Old 12-20-19, 12:13 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
networx nx-6v2 disconnect one zone

disconnect the wires on that zone input and replace them with a 3.3k resistor (orange orange red). No programming necessary.
However, the zone I'm trying to disconnect is #7 and at the wiring box there are only 6 zones. So I don't know which wires to disconnect

Old 12-20-19, 03:56 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 115 Votes on 106 Posts
If it's a wired zone, then they may have used the zone doubling feature; which uses a different set of resistors.

Manual: https://static.interlogix.com/librar...n%20Manual.pdf

Old 12-23-19, 07:45 AM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Yes they used zone doubling with zone 1 & 7 on the same junction. And the wiring diagram showed that when they do that the double (or second) zone uses a different resistor than the primary zone. There were extra resistors in the junction box but did not appear to be the same as a resistor as for zone 7. So, I cut the zone 7 wire leaving the resistor portion attached to the zone 1 terminal and connected the other end of the short portion of the zone 7 wire to the COM. That worked fine. I had first tried just disconnecting the zone 7 wires , but it changed the resistance on the zone 1 terminal.
My service provider was not able to troubleshoot this problem (nor was I I just disconnected the zone). When the temperature drops to around freezing some place in the zone 7 circuit a break occurs. Since that zone covers 9 windows with the wiring all in the wall, the service provider and I knew of no way to find the problem sensor/wiring

Old 12-23-19, 04:41 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 115 Votes on 106 Posts
Your solution was the correct one. The zone doubling resistor values are a little odd, and they are not always easy to lay hands on.

More than likely, by your description, one or more or the window contact switches was reacting to the temperature change by warping the little metal switch inside. Changing out the contacts would probably solve the issue.

The monitoring centers rarely know very much about the alarm hardware.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: