OLD Home Security System- Need monitoring advice

Old 03-02-23, 10:56 AM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
OLD Home Security System- Need monitoring advice

Hi All,
Does anyone know of any security companies that would manage other security systems? I have an old wired security system (Model Morse MDC-16C) that was installed by RIMI by they are out of business. I will have the security install code i just need a company that can monitor, any suggestions would be appreciated! Thanks,
Robert

Old 03-02-23, 01:29 PM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
Nobody is going to work with old outdated hardware, they are going to want to install their own equipment.

Honestly with all the available systems why would you want to pay a monthly service fee?

rkarraa voted this post useful.
Old 03-02-23, 02:12 PM
R
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
thanks for the reply Marq1!. I can self monitor now its just nice to have backup and have someone monitor in case i am not around/available but I understand.

Old 03-03-23, 12:05 PM
S
Received 16 Upvotes on 16 Posts
Actually, I think most independent monitoring services will take your money! They'll just want to check that the system is all in order and is compatible with their equipment.

Have you called anybody yet?

Old 03-03-23, 04:11 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 306 Upvotes on 281 Posts
The old Morse systems are:
  • Difficult to work on, and are NOT DIY friendly
  • They won't work with modern monitoring accounts that require Contact ID and/or SIA format (which is what nearly DIY monitoring solutions require)
Here's a link to the installer manual: http://www.alarmhow.net/manuals/Opte...n%20Manual.pdf

Unless you are into it for the challenge, swapping out the hardware for something current production would probably be your wisest course of action.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: