Needed some landscaping ideas

Old 03-29-18, 10:48 AM
B
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hello

I am new to this. I like color ,and I like green I like perennials because I won't have to do this every year . But I will do minimal annuals. I want to dive in deep this spring. I live in the northeast. I have 3 flower beds and a hedge area that I want to do a lot with this year.
In the front flowerbed we had azaleas that died after 30 years. I'm thinking of replacing them with more azaleas.
​​​​​I will probably try to put some annuals for color in front of them. It has medium sun, facing north.
The side flowerbed had aborvitaes that turned brown and died years ago. I'm thinking of replacing them, but I'd like some color there. My daughter is very afraid of bees, so I'd need something that doesn't attract many bees. The side has much sun It faces east.
Then there is a dead flowing shrub that I want to dig up and replace with another pretty colorful flowering shrub.
The flowerbeds have little soil, so I plan to add top soil before I add gardening soil. I plan to surround the existing trees with mulch before adding the top soil.
Can you make some suggestions as to some nice options ? I plan to go to home depot and nurseries to find some things, but if you can make some suggestions for some colors or shrubs that would do well in those areas I'd appreciate it I attach some photos.
Thanks

Name:  l1.jpg
Views: 297
Size:  88.1 KB

Name:  l2.jpg
Views: 216
Size:  81.4 KB

Name:  l3.jpg
Views: 214
Size:  92.5 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-29-18 at 06:58 PM. Reason: enhanced/reoriented pics
Old 03-29-18, 11:08 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
A pic or two would really be helpful - How to insert pictures.

Old 03-29-18, 11:09 AM
Received 1,210 Upvotes on 1,098 Posts
nurseries to find some things
Go see some full service local nurseries.

When we moved into our home they came out and did a full plan for $300 but that was refunded as we purchased our materials.

We didn't follow exactly but it was a better starting point than nothing!

Old 03-29-18, 11:40 AM
B
here are some photos of the flowerbeds and the hedge areas. I want to also replace some of the yews that died for the hedge.

Name:  l4.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  68.4 KB

Name:  l5.jpg
Views: 249
Size:  76.9 KB

Last edited by PJmax; 03-29-18 at 07:04 PM. Reason: reoriented/enhanced pictures
Old 03-29-18, 12:19 PM
B
Here is a photo of the dead flowering shrub that I want to replace.

Attached Images  

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: