Bonaire unit water bleed-off

Old 09-15-19, 09:30 AM
I
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Bonaire unit water bleed-off

The manual for Durango window cooler says the bleed-off only operates in the cool mode when the water pump operates. Our unit does not bleed-off when running but does when turned off. Anyone have an idea why this happens and should anything be done to it.

Old 09-15-19, 06:19 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

The bleeder is in the pump line. It's basically a nozzle that allows water to escape.
If you're getting water out after you shut it off then possibly the fill valve is not shutting off.

Owners manual (pdf)

Old 08-07-20, 11:20 AM
B
I also find the bleed line nozzle clogs constantly with my hard water, which is why I add the purge pump option for about $25 in parts.

Old 07-01-21, 07:49 PM
R
You might have the water level adjusted too high. If the water level is adjusted to it is almost to the top of the overflow, when you turn the pump off the water that was in the hose going to the pads will drain back into the water reservoir suddenly and will cause it to overflow. Try adjusting the float arm so the water level is a little bit lower and see if that helps.

Also, you need to have the cooler bleed off some water or your expensive pads will clog up with minerals prematurely. Pads cost up to $120 for these units so you need to correct this issue. The unit comes equipped with a tee in the pumps output that goes to a small diameter hose that feeds out of the overflow pipe. this hose then has a restrictor plugged into the end of the hose. This hose might not be exiting the cooler, or perhaps the restrictor, tee, or hoses are plugged. Check that out first. The second option is to install a bleed-off pump, which is a second pump that operates on a timer and after so many hours will empty the water reservoir.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: