Stucco cracks, how best to repair?

Old 09-30-16, 08:36 AM
M
Received 2 Upvotes on 1 Post
Stucco cracks, how best to repair?

Folks:

Take a look at the photos. I'm hesitant to start removing the broken stucco UNLESS I can somehow match the color as this damaged area is front facing and clearly highly visible from the street. I suppose I should simply ask everyone if I need to remove and replace with new or if I should try to carefully pull out existing stucco and glue or silicone it back into place? I simply don't know how to start in the color matching process when it comes to stucco.

Yes, I recognize I have some brick repair or mortar in between my brings in that area as well.

TKH

Attached Images   
Old 09-30-16, 09:01 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 832 Upvotes on 729 Posts
I've both caulked minor cracks and patched loose/missing stucco but that always involved painting when I got done. Is that Dryvit?

Old 10-04-16, 12:09 PM
T
Received 48 Upvotes on 41 Posts
That looks like DRYVIT or a competing brand of Exterior Insulating Finish System (EIFS). There is likely foam behind the "stucco" at least on that trim piece. Try peeling it back and gluing it back on. Use some good sealing adhesive. If that does not work you are not out much and can do a more extensive and expensive repair later.
And if it is EIFS there are sample paint colors available to pant it. It would help if you knew which brand.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: