Siding tabs

Old 08-18-17, 06:31 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Apr 2003
Location: Ohio
Posts: 2,404
Received 43 Upvotes on 39 Posts
Siding tabs

My house (built in 1963) has aluminum siding panels that have come away from the wall at the bottom of the wall. There seems to be some type of tab behind the siding that "snaps" into at one end, but not further down the wall toward the other end. Can these tabs be purchased and possibly installed retroactively to help me get this siding to sit along the wall like it should? It bows out along the run and just doesn't look good.
Old 08-18-17, 06:44 PM
XSleeper's Avatar
Group Moderator
Join Date: Dec 2004
Posts: 27,314
Received 1,977 Upvotes on 1,772 Posts
Sounds like you have siding with an integral alignment fin. (Lap spline)

Its not a piece that can be removed or replaced. If it has popped out, it's likely either broken, wasn't originally applied straight or something has sagged since it was installed. If you can push it back, a few well placed face nails into the studs will hold it back tight.

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: