Airless painting

Old 12-28-17, 09:10 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Airless painting

I need to paint my mobile home (aluminum siding) that has already been painted. I've been looking at the Krause Barker Harbor Freight airless rig.I understand that a better machine will last longer. I understand that you get what you pay for. But will it get me through this project adequately? Thanks.

Old 12-29-17, 01:46 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

I don't know anything about that particular pump and their spec sheet was woefully lacking. A piston pump is always better than a diaphragm pump. A big issue with the cheap pumps is the unavailability of repair parts. IMO for a single project you are better off renting.

Not sure why you want to spray the exterior of a mobile home. I've always brushed and rolled them which does a decent job. Once you tape up everything that doesn't get painted you've not saved any time, not to mention having to worry about where the overspray might go.

Old 12-29-17, 06:44 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,152 Upvotes on 1,927 Posts
If you get the cheap airless sprayer and it has trouble you may have to slightly thin the paint barring any manufacturer's defects.

Old 12-29-17, 07:58 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
It's almost a given that house paint will need to be thinned for spraying with a small airless. The gpm rating of the pump is a good indicator but that info seems to be lacking for that airless.

Old 12-29-17, 09:49 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Thanks to all for the input!

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: