Exterior paint color recommend

Old 04-08-19, 05:42 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Exterior paint color recommend

I know this is subjective. I know I'll probably get wildly different opinions.
Im just desperate enough to ask what color should I have my house painted?

I live in a suburb of Dallas and have contracted to have the exterior painted next week. My wife and I are just lost in colors.

What are the trends? We were thinking Gray. I have a slate-looking roof and Terra cotta colored brick. Most of the house is brick so where I'll see this the most is my backyard pool area where I entertain and the garage doors. remarkably the front has very little to be painted. So I'll be looking at this for summertime pool parties. Isnt gray a bit depressing to look at every day?

So now we're looking off the gray scale to blue-gray and green-gray and brown-gray and oh my gosh, too many.

Any thoughts would be appreciated, the painter uses Sherwin Williams, I'll get a photo up later when the sun comes up.

Old 04-08-19, 06:37 AM
Super Moderator
Received 68 Upvotes on 62 Posts
I must be living in the past but the trend towards blue/grey house colors seem to be giving homes a cookie-cutter look these days.
There are many other colors that are not popular but seem to make homes still look current but stand slightly apart from others.
And, not only the color is important but the shade of that color can make or break the look.
I am starting to see a few light to medium greens that look good but I guess if everyone picked those colors then i suppose they woud be cookie-cutter as well.

We too will soon be painting our two story hose and have gone on house color shopping trips by driving around looking at houses.
There are several programs available where you can upload a picture of your house as well as interior pics then change the color to see how it looks.

Old 04-08-19, 07:04 AM
R
Thanks that was helpful.
I like Sage but the wife vetoed that.

Old 04-08-19, 07:37 AM
R
Apparently I have gotten too old to attach a pic. So...imagine terra cotta brick...

Old 04-08-19, 07:48 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Don't feel bad, I'm not very adept at posting pics either, here are instructions
How to insert pictures.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: