Faking fence post corner

Old 09-11-16, 05:21 PM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Faking fence post corner

I have an issue with a street light wire weaving in and out of my property line. I was able to dig one hole about as safely as I could near the front of the house. I need to bring it up a little further but then it will lead into the wire coming in on an angle. I am already working around this wire and sitting in almost 2ft into my property. If I put another post at angle, and instead of putting the fence panel on angle, build it out to 90 degree as normal and put a stabilizer post maybe either on top of a few inches of tamped gravel, or on top of a deck concrete block buried into the ground a little. OR just sit it into the dirt tamped a little and do nothing else with it other than use it to keep the fence from sagging in that little area, if that would even be a problem. The distance would probably be 3ft to the other angled post.

Same thing for the utility boxes in the back. I was going to box around them to keep them outside but there are so many wires and that stupid street light wire comes in on an angle there.. So if I fake the corner post on that one too.. I figure the load from the wind would push on to the connecting posts.. I have drawn pictures to show an example..Name:  Fence with Wire drawing..jpg
Views: 395
Size:  11.9 KB

Old 09-11-16, 05:27 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Upvotes: 0
Received 9 Upvotes on 8 Posts
Is this an extension of this thread? http://www.doityourself.com/forum/fe...t-digging.html

You can build a jut out around the pad mount if needed, but you may need to add a post within 4 feet of each of them so you can cross buck it for strength.

Old 09-12-16, 05:13 AM
E
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Hi Chandeler, yes it is an extension to that thread, but seemed like it deserved its own. Feel free to merge it if necessary.

I think the posts will be less than 4ft apart, the back of tge lot where i box it will def be less than 4ft on one bend but may be just passed 4ft on the other. I wouldn't be able to put another post into the ground because of all the wires around it. Also, looking at the plat of survey it shows the sump drain running on an angle right next to the utility boxes property line side.. so i want to make sure i don't dig into that either.

Picture:
https://imageshack.us/i/plBjHcLHj

Would putting a post that just sits a little into the dirt be enough or should i just put the panel on an angle, so it's secured into the ground... putting it on an angle would lose a lot more space and look odd, but i just want to make sure it's safe, so i will do what i have to.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: