Looking for a fence rail bracket recommendation

Old 07-16-17, 08:41 PM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Looking for a fence rail bracket recommendation

I'm looking to replace at least one rail on my post & rail fence. When I removed the broken rail, I found a sticker on the back of one of the brackets that had a UPC I was able to enhance and scan. A Web search says it's "U.S. FENCE 2 1/2″ wood fence brack, galvanized steel, for 2 1/2″ wood rails (0040933990030)." Of course, searching for this text gives me absolutely nothing except hits on other UPC sites. This leads me to believe that this product is no longer being manufactured.

Here are a couple of pictures of the bracket, an angled view from a rail that's good, and an end view from the one I removed.

Name:  Bracket1.jpg
Views: 698
Size:  34.5 KB

Name:  Bracket2.jpg
Views: 252
Size:  30.6 KB

Assuming I'm correct that I can't find this exact item anymore, can anyone suggest a close substitute?

Sponsored Links
Old 07-16-17, 08:51 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Simpson FB24Z looks like it would work fine. https://www.strongtie.com/fences_dec.../p/fb.fbr.fbfz Problem is finding someone who carries them and will sell small quantity.

Old 07-16-17, 08:55 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Ahhh Ebay (and probably Amazon) have multiple sellers who will sell smaller quantities. Even if you buy a few extra it would be cheaper than a whole box.