Changing concrete set post to oz post

Old 04-28-18, 06:53 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Changing concrete set post to oz post

Im getting ready to replace my fence and am considering using an oz post type product but after removing the concrete posts the area wont be as sturdy for driving in an oz post, I considered off setting the new posts but my corner posts will still be in the same location. Im wondering if anyone has experience similar to this.

The fence will be around 6ft wood privacy fence, the ground is clay about 2-3 ft down and pretty wet in rainy seasons. Suburb of chicago so also pretty cold in the winter (just for some added info).

Old 04-28-18, 07:42 PM
T
Received 74 Upvotes on 68 Posts
Not sure if you'll have freeze heave issues but I've had these in for a while and they're solid as can be. Set in concrete. The wood rails will probably last another 10 years at which time they are all I'll have to replace. Just something to consider. My fence is also a privacy BOB fence 3 rails with top cap.

Z-post Inc

Old 04-28-18, 08:19 PM
C
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I did look at the zpost aswell but i did not like the style/look as much even with the trim over the metal post to look like wood post it looked odd to me but that is just my opinion. I would prob consider those before dropping in more wood posts since im tired of fixing rotted posts.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: