Removable Fence Post Sleeve

Old 07-30-19, 10:48 AM
C
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Removable Fence Post Sleeve

I have seen this in a public park but have been unable to find anything like it online.

It is a metal sleeve (about 1/8" thick metal) that a 6x6 post fits into. I would assume it is 2-3 feet long and sits in the ground, so the post slides right in and out.

It would be used for a center post between 2 gates. Open one side and have a normal size opening, open both and remove post a truck would be able to enter.

As I said I have googled but not find anything that would work. If you know of something please inform me.

Thanks

Old 07-30-19, 11:20 AM
R
Received 65 Likes on 50 Posts
I have done this with 4X4 posts to get my boat out of my side yard, I made them myself though because I had never seen anything on the market. If you have access to a welder or a person that can weld them you can order the metal you need from various suppliers. You will also need to use a small wood wedge to limit the post movement once installed, you don't want the posts to fit too tightly or you won't get them out when they are wet.

Old 09-24-19, 08:53 AM
D
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You may want to look into Oz fence post anchors. I have never used them personally but the reviews seem to be pretty good.

Also not sure if you have any experience with this but I am working on a project in which I need to extend the height of my 2" galvanized steel fence posts. Which is unfortunate as if they were standard 2 and 3/8" post, I could use Oz fence post extenders but it is what it is.

If anyone has any best practices for extending a 2" galvanized fence post 3 ft, I would love to hear them.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: