Floors after foundation repair

Old 03-03-17, 08:03 PM
R
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Floors after foundation repair

I have a house we purchased recently and the the poured concrete foundation has sunk about 8 1/2".

We just had a contractor come and install 20 push piers to attempt and level the foundation. They stoped after 4" because they said the foundation wall where starting to crack.

The exterior walls lifted. Issue is some where along the line the slab inside the foundation broke away leaving the floor lower with the walls floating about an 1" above the floor.

They are telling me the next move I have to do is add poly foam to the slab in order to stabilize and lift it back to the height of the walls.

My question is do I really need the poly level? Could I do something creative and add a shimmed sub floor?

They are saying if I don't do the poly injection for the slab in the future can fall down the additional 3" the house was lifted.

Old 03-04-17, 04:21 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 361 Votes on 318 Posts
You paid them for their expertise, if at all possible [budget wise] I'd follow their advice!

Old 03-04-17, 05:12 AM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
You bought a house with a known slump of 8 1/2" ?! Adding wood to the already sinking concrete won't help. The concrete is the failure, not the subfloor. 8 1/2" is a mile. I would follow through with more advice from the concrete people, and get more estimates and advice if possible from pros, since this is definitely not a DIY project.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: