Furniture Hardware Replacement


Old 08-19-18, 02:17 PM
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2018
Posts: 1
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Furniture Hardware Replacement

Hey everyone, new member here. I'd like to change the hardware on some furniture but have a couple questions. Since the drawer is curved, I should be ok with installing handles that don't have a back plate that needs to sit flush against the drawer right?

Second, I'd like to replace the accent pieces that are in between the handles, but i don't want to plug them and refinish the wood. Does anyone know of any accent plates that could fit into the mounting holes or anything along those lines? Adding a third, smaller handle would look a bit strange to me. Pictures are attached. I appreciate any advice!
Attached Images   

Last edited by DIMMU; 08-19-18 at 02:30 PM. Reason: Issues attaching pictures
Sponsored Links
Old 08-20-18, 02:44 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Join Date: Mar 2005
Location: USA - N.E.Tn
Posts: 47,666
Received 323 Votes on 287 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

While a new pull with a single mounting point should do ok, one that has 2 mounting points is still designed to mount to a flat surface. I'd buy just one and see if it would work satisfactorily. I suspect any plate that would curve with the wood would need to be custom bent/shaped. Once you remove the old pulls/plates you might find that the finish looks [aged] different behind the plate.
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Ask a Question
Question Title:
Your question will be posted in: