Cabinet side panel - how to glue or nail it back?

Old 02-05-19, 07:46 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Cabinet side panel - how to glue or nail it back?

Hi-

My kitchen cabinet side panel (decorative piece on the cabinet, please see picture) came off. What is the best way to put it back?

Thanks!

Attached Images  
Old 02-05-19, 09:09 AM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
I'd use some brad nails along with some adhesive. Use colored putty to hide the nail heads.

Old 02-05-19, 09:29 AM
Received 388 Upvotes on 337 Posts
If there is access behind it inside, you could drill holes through the cabinet and screw into the back of the panel at the edges. That way there would not be any nail holes on the front to fill or see.

I do not see any glue residue or obvious mounting holes. How was it originally attached?

Old 02-05-19, 10:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
It just needs a dot of construction adhesive on each corner far enough away from the edges where it won't squeeze out. Size of a dime. Prop the bottom up from the floor with a piece of wood or something that is the right height so that it can rest on top of something while the adhesive cures. A little painters tape over the door corners for 24 hours will hold it back.

Screws work too but you run the risk of pulling a bone head move by drilling through the door or using too long of screw. Too late once you have done it.

Old 02-05-19, 11:19 AM
D
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I saw some small pins (not sure they are nails) on all the 4 corners. I think it was attached it was attached using those as I didn't see any glue marks either.

Attached Images  
Old 02-05-19, 11:45 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Yeah those are brad nails, put in with an air gun. They don't have much holding power which is why it pulled off. If you have a brad nailer you could certainly nail it back on too. But the construction adhesive would be a way of having no fasteners.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: