Cannot code garage door and two remotes

Old 05-15-17, 03:49 PM
T
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
Cannot code garage door and two remotes

After installation of the garage door opener, i programed the main garage door panel outside and set the code. But when i went to code the remotes, one of them picked up the signal and i was able to use the one remote but found out when i did this the main panel stopped working and the second remote would pick up the signal either. So i got one remote that works, but the main and second remote wont program without deleting the code from the other two. How do i code the main switch and then the two remotes so they all work off the same code? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

Last edited by PJmax; 05-16-17 at 09:45 PM. Reason: thread moved to garage door forum
Old 05-15-17, 04:26 PM
Banned. Rule And/Or Policy Violation
Received 6 Votes on 6 Posts
May help us if you could tell us the make and model of the garage door opener you purchased.

Old 05-15-17, 04:49 PM
T
Chandler,, will get back to you for its my friends garage in another state will ask him and let you know, i believe it is sears but dont know what model. Thanks

Old 05-16-17, 05:32 AM
Received 87 Votes on 82 Posts
Hi, if it should be a Chamberlain, call their Tech Support, you may be on hold for awhile but it is usually worth the wait, have every number on the opener available, more than likely Sears is made by them.
Geo

Old 05-16-17, 09:36 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
This may help..... many of the things I program must be done sequentially. That would mean you would have to enter each device, one after another, before hitting the learn or finish button.

Old 05-17-17, 06:32 AM
Group Moderator
Received 62 Votes on 51 Posts
I have a Genie now, but the previous opener was a Sears/Craftsman and it's final days are pretty much as you described; wouldn't take multiple device programming. I've seen people post here in the past with similar experiences.

Old 05-20-17, 01:12 PM
T
Yes, every time we programed the main box it worked great, but as soon as we programed the two remotes, one of the remotes worked but the main switch and the second remote dont work. its like you can use one or the other but not all!
I will be going to my friends house next weekend and will try pjmax idea.>>
This may help..... many of the things I program must be done sequentially. That would mean you would have to enter each device, one after another, before hitting the learn or finish button. this is really a puzzler, should not be that hard to program all three. meanwhile any other idea's would be appreciated before i get there, Thanks

Old 05-20-17, 01:34 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
If you could get the model number we could probably help further.

Old 05-20-17, 02:12 PM
T
Will let you know as soon as i get there next weekend, Thanks

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: