How to determine correct angles on truss braces.

Old 10-29-17, 12:39 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to determine correct angles on truss braces.

Hello, im trying to figure out how to determine the correct angles for cuts on my roof truss braces. Im adding 10 feet off the back of my shop. My roof pitch is 4 12, from outside top plate to outside top plate is 20 feet. I have one correct angle which is the two 2x4's that were on the eve which held the facer boards. Im trying to build a common truss. From inside the top truss eve to the top of the bottom board is 37 inches. I tried drawing a template from traceing my current truss brace angles but they were off. Is there a simple way to determine these angles? Ps i have pictures but dont know how to post them, the forum ask for url? What is that?

Old 10-29-17, 01:34 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Think i got the angles figured out, made sure the triangle part of the truss was square, then i put blocks under it and just slid my braces under to get my angle and traced it. But im sure there is a correct/ proper way to do it.

Old 10-29-17, 01:48 PM
F
Received 38 Upvotes on 30 Posts
If you are getting a permit and inspection for this construction I strongly suggest that you ask your local building inspector if you can make your own trusses. Generally speaking this is NOT allowable as trusses need to be engineered AND assembled in a factory where they are inspected.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: