Need tips on painting old wood shed!

Old 06-09-18, 12:39 PM
J
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Need tips on painting old wood shed!

We have an old shed that made with plywood, the paint is chipping and in some areas the plywood is peeling with the paint. The sides are not bad but the front is like a textured plywood and that is where I am having the most issue on deciding what should be done because some of the wood is peeled/rotted. Scrapping I'm afraid will only further damage the plywood and I don't want to strip because I'm afraid it will only soak into the exposed wood damaging it as well. Is there anyway I can seal or apply something to protect the plywood prior to painting so I have an even surface that doesn't look "painted over". Also any recommendations on types of paint and primer? Community management is requiring us to complete this project and I don't want it to turn into an extensive headache but still want it to look good.

Old 06-09-18, 01:36 PM
M
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 835 Upvotes on 732 Posts
Welcome to the forums!

If you post a pic or two we'd have a better idea of what you have to deal with.
How to insert pictures.

Loose paint should always be removed prior to painting, rotten wood should be replaced. It's possible an oil base primer and a coat of exterior latex house paint might bind it all together for a few yrs - hard to say without seeing.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: