genie chain drive rail moves

Old 07-25-18, 08:19 AM
P
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
genie chain drive rail moves

I uploaded youtube video. Look at the rail near the door. It flexes down/up when the door 1st starts to open/close. When the door is down I grab the bar and try wiggle it, but i cant. Bolts feel tight. Is this movement expected?

this unit was not operated for over 10 years it just sat there and was never operated. The fuse popped and she did not know why it stopped working. I just replaced the fuse.

it was installed in 1985 by an auth genie installer.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8467...ature=youtu.be

p

Sponsored Links
Old 07-26-18, 04:34 AM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Yeah, 2 things I would check...well, 3. First, the opener doesn't have to push like a beast trying to push the door to the ground... It should just touch the ground. If you tried real hard, you should be able to almost wiggle your fingers under the seal...or push a paint stick under...doesn't need to be jammed all the way down so hard it prevents an ant from getting in.

So, check the down force and down limits....might take some playing around between the two to get it right. 3rd thing is make sure the arm connecting to the door isn't too long. When the door is closed tight, you should still be able to move that arm a bit from side to side. Not loose, but you should be able to move it by hand.

check down limit and down force first. If you don't have the manual..it may take some searching since a unit that old is not supported by the factory anymore. It doesn't have the child safety sensors on the sides, does it?

Old 07-26-18, 05:16 AM
P
im looking for manual.

(The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.)

Old 07-31-18, 09:25 AM
P
1/3 hp model pmx300ic/b

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 25 characters.

Old 07-31-18, 01:28 PM
Super Moderator
Received 3 Votes on 3 Posts
Well, first hit had it in PDF. https://www.searspartsdirect.com/par...e-parts-manual

Old 08-02-18, 09:17 AM
P
I got the manual from genie. It does not list how to adjust the door. It does mention the importance of adjusting the door balance. The door made by raynor, but has no model number on it. I asked raynor.

oh wait. you said down force and down limits. that is the open and close force listed in the manual? I think I can do that, but I might not want to try adjusting that balance: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KiZvXfMCmgs

I think I need check balance 1st, then if that is good, do the open and close force adj.

p