What kind of service can repair this door and mount?

Old 07-27-18, 01:47 PM
D
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Question What kind of service can repair this door and mount?

I had thought about trying these repair jobs myself but decided I need a professional. What kind of service repairs these kinds of garage door wheel/track and opener mount issues.

In the one pic, the wheel that goes in the track is missing. I need this repaired. I have another pic showing what it looks like with a wheel in the track and on the door.

In the next pic, I have where the opener system mounts to the wall above the garage door. What kind of service would repair the wall behind where it mounts and then remount it securely? Is it possible to get both repairs done by the same service?

Attached Images    
Old 07-27-18, 02:27 PM
Received 319 Votes on 286 Posts
Call a garage door service, Most cities and towns have at least one company that services overhead doors. They will need to cut out the wall board if the they can't use existing bracket. Replacing the wall board is very easy,

Edit....If the doors are in decent shape, the wheel(s) can be replaced.
Usually the bracket is not covered by wallboard. So you won't need or want to have it replaced.

Last edited by Norm201; 07-27-18 at 03:31 PM.
Old 07-29-18, 05:32 AM
Super Moderator
Received 4 Votes on 4 Posts
Most every newer home has the bracket directly on the sheetrock/drywall...IF it's a finished garage. Never seen a problem doing it that way. I guess if the 'rock got wet, or long enough lag screws weren't used, it COULD be an issue..just never seen it. I have seen people that went overboard (IMO) and attached a 1'x 1' sheet of 5/8 plywood to the header with about a zillion screws and then attached through that...but there's really no need if the door and opener function correctly...there's not really a ton of pressure applied either pushing in or pulling out.

Lordy, I thought my garage was kinda dirty...lol.

Old 07-31-18, 08:17 AM
D
Question Overhead door company coming

I have an overhead door company coming to look at it. If they do a credit check, I have a freeze at all the credit agencies due to people stealing and using my credit card numbers online. Will they still be able to check my credit if they need to? I'm not sure what they do but I want to make sure they know I can pay.

Old 07-31-18, 10:35 AM
Received 319 Votes on 286 Posts
Cash!____________________________________________

Old 08-03-18, 11:18 AM
D
Smile A great company fixed everything

A great local company took care of everything. The door works beautifully now. Thank you, everyone for you support, knowledge, and wisdom. And I also took the opportunity to clean the garage out thoroughly before they came.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: