Garage door remote advice

Old 08-16-18, 11:33 AM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Garage door remote advice

My new car doesn't have a garage door open option on it. My garage door opener is a nutone or scoville, pretty old, and it has a Sears remote transmitter and receiver setup, it's pretty old, too. I only have one remote and it doesn't work. I've messed with the dip switches a bunch and can't make it work with a new battery. I think the board must be cracked or something. So what kind of new set up will work with my old nutone. Many thanks !

Old 08-16-18, 09:07 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,599 Votes on 1,473 Posts
Does your opener have the three screw terminals on the lower back side where the receiver board is attached ?

If it has those three terminals you can go with a basic Linear kit. Not a high security coding system but similar to what you have now. It will attach directly to the back of the opener where the old one is.
Linear-Garage-Opener-Receiver-Remote/dp/B00283XWUW

If you want something a little more updated and secure.... it will come with a plug in wall transformer and connect to your unit with two wires. If you have a pushbutton on the wall.... this type could be attached there as long as there was a nearby receptacle.

Old 08-17-18, 11:42 AM
V
ok, it does have three terminals, and the current transmitter mounted on the opener is attached with two wires, and one terminal is not being used. My current system has a button by the door to my house and a Click brand keypad mounted outside. Those both work. My handheld remote doesn't, though. That product you linked me to will work, then? Thank you.

Old 08-17-18, 05:30 PM
Group Moderator
Yes.... the product I linked comes with three little brass plates to connect the receiver to your opener.

Old 08-28-18, 01:03 PM
V
I got it and it works! Many thanks!

Old 08-28-18, 01:54 PM
Group Moderator
Awesome...... thanks for stopping back and letting us know. It's appreciated.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: