Made a terrible mistake with shed color

Old 09-16-18, 06:46 AM
K
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Made a terrible mistake with shed color

After weeks and weeks and weeks of carefully planning for a 10x12 shed I let me wife change the color at the last minute. I hate it. From a functionality perspective

Here's the thing, we went over the details of the 10x12 Tuff Shed for weeks. The last few nights before placing the order we nailed down the very last detail, down to the paint. It was supposed to be a light tan color.

When we met with the Tuff Shed rep, my wife started trying to change things last minute. You never do that. Not after putting in so much time and effort to get it right. You will more than likely make a mistake. That's what happened.

I stopped her from making changes to the doors. However, I let her change the color and she made it a super dark forest green. I didn't think much of it at the moment, so I let it slip.

However, when we got back home I realized what a stupid decision that actually was. See, I ordered the shed with a radiant barrier on the roof to help keep temperatures inside under control. I will be storing things in here that I'd rather not be vaporizing with heat. And what do we go and do? We go an make it a very dark color that will likely increase the inside temperatures of the shed by quite a bit!

How much hotter do you think it's going to get in there when the sun hits those dark walls versus having the original paint be a light tan?

Painting over dark paint is also awful, so this decision is doubly stupid.

Sponsored Links
Old 09-16-18, 07:07 AM
Group Moderator
Received 667 Votes on 617 Posts
If you have changed your mind, call them back and ask to change the order. But do it asap.

Yes it will be hotter. No way to tell how much.

Old 09-16-18, 08:46 AM
Received 367 Votes on 342 Posts
roof shingles would probably increase the heat more from light to dark, the wall colors some, not as much!