Sunshine vs. sensors

Old 09-28-18, 11:41 PM
H
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Sunshine vs. sensors

During certain times of the year, my garage door will not close in the mornings because the sun shines directly on the sensor. I’m certain that this is the issue because if someone stands near the door and casts a shadow on the sensor then the garage door closes just fine. My question is, if I swap the transmitter and receiver from one side of the garage door to the other do I need to change wiring? Is it just two wires on one side and two on the other? Or is there more to it than that?

Old 09-29-18, 01:37 AM
T
Received 74 Upvotes on 68 Posts
What type of opener do you have. I have a Genie and a older Quantum and on both of them it doesn't matter which side is wired with which sensor, the two separate wires from each sensor connect to the same terminals at the motor. Switching them should not be a problem.

As an alternative, just cut a small piece of cardboard and attach it to the side of the receiver making sure it'll block the sun, shouldn't require too large a piece. If it's right next to the sensor eye, maybe 3X3 depending upon the sun angle?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: