How to program two doors on one transmitter - Allstar

Old 03-16-19, 12:27 PM
S
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
How to program two doors on one transmitter - Allstar

I have an Allstar receiver model 110548 MVP hooked to two garage door openers. My service company recently came and while servicing set up another transmitter - model 110995. They programmed the left button for one door and the middle button for the other door. I wanted to add another transmitter so I ordered the same model from Amazon.

I cannot figure out how they programmed both doors. I am able to get the left door to open with the left most button. But I can’t get any other button to open the other door. There doesn’t appear to be anything in the instructions that references the second door.

Does anyone know how to get two transmitters on this garage door? Thanks.

Old 03-16-19, 05:11 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
I had thought the 110548 MVP was a single channel receiver but it apparently can run up to three doors. I don't see any clear wiring diagram for multi door use. All I can help you with is the programming instructions.

Linear Pro Access programming (pdf)

Old 03-16-19, 05:15 PM
S
Thanks. I can confirm that it does actually operate two doors independently. It’s weird that the garage door company was able to program the first remote but i can’t figure it out.

Old 03-17-19, 03:45 AM
Received 42 Upvotes on 41 Posts
I believe you have to know what code the door company used originally. I believe the 9th digit determines which Chanel is activated...for example all three door codes will be exactly the same but the 9th digit will be either (+) for channel 1 (0) for channel 2 and (-) for channel 3. That is the way it used to be when Alstar used dip switches instead of a smart button.

Old 03-17-19, 04:16 AM
S
Thanks for the response. In the instructions it says:

If your block has 8 switches use the + button in the 9th position. Mine does have 8 switches so I pressed the + at the end. Presumably then if I push the "-" or the middle button in the 9th position then I will unlock the other doors. I will try it today and then post back here.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: