Interested in a pre-fab / modular garage

Old 01-19-21, 04:51 AM
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Interested in a pre-fab / modular garage

I want to build a 2+ car detached garage with concrete floor. I am interested in per-fab types because I would like to keep the cost down and I would like the job done in a very short period of time (aka I don't want to have contractors on-site for a month). It needs to be a wood structure. The HOA does not allow steel buildings.

The problem is, at least in my area, I cannot find many / any suppliers of pre-fab garages.

Does anyone have experience with a pre-fab garage builder. Does anyone have experience with a pre-fab supplier in the Nashville, TN area?

Old 01-19-21, 08:29 AM
X
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
im in the S.W. Pa. area...i havent seen pre-fab wood or siding type garages that are built on concrete floors...

I just had a 14 x 40 garage built at Shawnee Structures and delivered and set on my limestone base...the floor is 3/4" treated plywood on top of treated 4x4/4x6...

they are available in two car garages...delivered in two 12' or 14' wide units...
I would have got one of those, but it would have taken me longer to clear the area...

Old 01-19-21, 11:22 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,910 Upvotes on 1,716 Posts
Check with your local lumber yards. Ours will design build, but they have limits on what/ how big they can build and still transport.

You would obviously pour the concrete pad first once you know the exact size.

Old 01-19-21, 12:47 PM
I was looking at an outfit in PA, Sheds Unlimited. Nice looking stuff. Unfortunately they don't do business in Tennessee.

In my area there are not any traditional lumber yards. About all we have are Lowes, Depot, and 84 Lumber.

Old 01-19-21, 02:10 PM
J
Received 128 Upvotes on 113 Posts
Long ago when I lived in NH there was at least 3 company's within 30 miles of each other that did this. They also built modular homes.
They could have one up in about 2 days.
Just a shot in the dark, you may want to try contacting a company that builds modulars to see if they have any interest.

Old 01-21-21, 05:02 AM
Thanks for the ideas everyone. I think the problem is with me. I want more garage than I am willing to pay for so I am looking for shortcuts from just hiring a good contractor. I just cannot understand why modular garages are prevalent in some locations and almost non-existent in others.

I have a contractor stopping by Monday for a quote.

Old 01-21-21, 10:30 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
I have been to the Sheds Unlimited yard and have purchased from them. You will not find better structures or people to deal with.

Good luck with your project.

Old 01-27-21, 01:12 PM
F
I had a quote from them back in September and they were willing to deliver to Virginia.

Old 01-27-21, 02:00 PM
They even show they deliver to North Carolina. But, Tennessee is a no go.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: