Go Back  DoItYourself.com Community Forums > Garden and Outdoor Center > Gardening and Horticulture
Reload this Page >

Very weird guttering leading to pond in garden

Old 07-31-16, 07:28 AM
P
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts

Hello all,

I'm considering purchasing a house in Normandy, France.

(see attached pictures).

One odd setup, I've not seen before is how the roof guttering drainage go's underground and materialises down the garden in the shape of a man made pond. I'm guessing it's in place because of it's location and not able to connect to the mains drainage. (It's fairly remote.) It's not the prettiest looking thing, I think you'd agree.

Any expert on here with a better plan of how i could put it to better use. Irrigation system etc.

Many thanks

Phil

Old 07-31-16, 08:07 AM
Received 721 Upvotes on 640 Posts
Is there a question or problem in this post? Obviously the drain pipe is buried under ground and gravity feeds to the pond. Quit nice if you ask me!

Old 07-31-16, 08:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 877 Upvotes on 740 Posts
I would agree. I have many pipes on my property to direct water away from the house. IF you want to save the water you could direct it to a rain barrel(s) or cistern.

Old 07-31-16, 08:58 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
With only one downspout feeding the pond I'm wondering just how much water we are talking about here. Would there even be enough to make a dent in irrigation watering ?

Old 07-31-16, 11:00 AM
W
Received 63 Upvotes on 55 Posts
Pond

Add some stones to the perimeter of the pond to make it more visually appealing.

You will need a pump in the pond to use the water for irrigation. Can you get power to the pond to run a pump?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: