capping culvert

Old 06-09-17, 03:27 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
capping culvert

I am trying to build a sturdy end cap for a 18 inch galvanized steel culvert pipe corrugated..
The idea is to block off the flow in the pipe about 3/4 of the flow. The rest would spill over the top of the cap. I would want to use the outside ribs to secure the device and give it strength.
2 pieces would clamp on the pipe on the outside on either side and join together. Then a box would be constructed to carry out over the end of the pipe and a flat door/plate would slide down in a slot to block the water similar to an irrigation ditch gate that you see along a country road with a big screw handle on it.It doesnt need to be perfectly water tight.
Has anyone seen plans for building something like this?? I would make it out of high grade plywood and bolts and scrap 2 inch boards also...

Old 06-09-17, 03:47 PM
V
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
If it's your culvert, can't you just raise it 1' and accomplish the same thing ?

And then you'd still have the added carrying capacity of the whole 18" unit if and when it's needed.

Old 06-10-17, 01:43 PM
S
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
It cant be moved. the idea is to back up some water in the pipe so a smaller outlet pipe has more water over it

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: