Magnolia trees ....

Old 02-27-24, 08:17 AM
N
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magnolia trees ....

Have 3 Magnolia Trees in the Backyard pretty much beside each other.. I'm told they can't be moved or their chance of survival would be slim ?? But can they be Trimmed back a bit ??

Old 02-27-24, 08:31 AM
Super Moderator
Received 393 Upvotes on 321 Posts
I have one in front of my house and have it trimmed every couple of years. It actually gets fuller and grows new branches. Once I let it go too long and it got so full, I had to have it trimmed big time and it grew back just fine. It actually does well with trimming,

NorPlan2 voted this post useful.
Old 02-27-24, 09:55 AM
P
Group Moderator
Received 2,183 Upvotes on 1,953 Posts
I have moved/transplanted and trimmed Southern Magnolia. And, I've trimmed all the branches off up to 10' without any ill affect. They are not a delicate or difficult tree. Just follow normal pruning practices. As for moving them, it can be done. How easy or hard that will be depends on their size.

NorPlan2 voted this post useful.
Old 04-08-24, 07:48 AM
R
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Magnolia trees really don't like being moved much. Trimming them back can help manage their size and shape, but it's best done in moderation and during the right season. I've had some experience with pruning trees, and it's usually safe to trim back up to a third of the branches.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: