Vent Free Gas Wall Heaters

Old 04-01-18, 05:43 PM
M
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Vent Free Gas Wall Heaters

Hi,
In one of my rental property, current heat source is steam boiler. Steam boiler developed hole in boiler and I have to replace it with new system. Apartment is Duplex having two floor. On Ground Floor Kitchen/Living room. On Second floor two bedroom and bathroom.

Can I run gas pipe on first floor and install Vent Free Gas Wall Heater in each room ? Infrared is any good. Can someone please provide more details on using wall unit for whole apartment make any sense or not ? It seems cheaper and better option since units are not that expensive and it can be controlled by room.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Thermablast...19.m1438.l2649

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Heating-...vZc7e2Z1z0w9qq

Old 04-01-18, 08:30 PM
Group Moderator
Received 3,951 Upvotes on 3,544 Posts
Can I run gas pipe on first floor and install Vent Free Gas Wall Heater in each room ?
Absolutely not !

If you are the landlord then you must provide safe heat. A non vented heater like that vents all the burned gases inside the apartment. That is something you cannot have. You could use vented units. They would cost a little more, need to be vented thru the wall but would be 100% safe in use.

Old 04-01-18, 10:32 PM
Upvotes: 0
Received 15 Upvotes on 13 Posts
Look for direct vent wall furnaces. They usually draw in outside air in addition to venting outside.

Attached Images   
Old 04-02-18, 05:56 PM
M
Thank you very much all of you. Your input is very valuable and it helped me to make right decision

Old 04-02-18, 06:55 PM
R
Received 199 Upvotes on 181 Posts
What are your plans going forward? Vented gas heaters or replacement of the boiler?
Ventless appliances have been made illegal in many areas due to adverse effects to the building and occupants.

Old 04-06-18, 06:53 PM
M
After opinon from PJmax, I do not think I should use ventless in Rental. I was unaware actual use of it. I thought it can be used permanently but does not seem like. I would rather get installed hot air system or hydraunic system in basement which is vented in chimney.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: