Regulator Threads on Pigtail to regulator

Old 12-16-18, 09:52 AM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
Regulator Threads on Pigtail to regulator

My regulator on my 250 gallon tank went bad the other day and I got a replacement. After removing the older regulator I realized that the threads in the new regulator are right handed threads unlike the one I removed. Am I missing something? Why are these threads different from the ones in the old regulator. I cant find any information in regards to my old regulator, but I've been told its a low pressure regulator and for my application its fine to have it as the primary tank regulator. Do high pressure regulators have left handed threads and low pressure right handed? If thats the case then that would explain it. I've been torn on whether its actually a high or low.

Last edited by motorpig; 12-16-18 at 12:05 PM.
Old 12-16-18, 02:42 PM
M
Upvotes: 0
Received 0 Upvotes on 0 Posts
K, I've came to the conclusion that high pressure regulators are all left hand threads and that all pigtails should be too. Therefore it keeps you from hooking a low pressure regulator up directly to the tank. So, obviously my old one was a high pressure regulator. I've been told so many different things about this from so many people. I've read that its fine to put a low pressure directly on the tank as long as I'm only running one small appliance with a copper run of 30 feet. That might be the case but I'd have to re plumb the pigtail obviously. I'll just buy a high pressure and run the dual stage since thats the full proof method.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description: