Gas range not firing up

Old 03-05-18, 09:04 AM
Upvotes: 0
Received 1 Upvote on 1 Post
Gas range not firing up

Hi all, just purchased this used Kenmore gas range and have it hooked up properly to natural gas service. My other gas appliances are working fine. I suspect that I have overlooked a safety interlock somewhere. I have worked in the gas industry extensively, just not with appliances. Can someone please point me in the right direction. Thanks, Jim

Old 03-05-18, 09:09 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Safety interlock..... on a stove ??

The range gets connected to the gas line and then the supply valve is turned on. Allow a minute for the air to purge out of the line and the burners should light. Not much to cause any problems here.

Old 03-05-18, 09:21 AM
That's what I was thinking. On the oven and broiler the glow plugs come on and the burners get the clicking igniters, but just no gas flow anywhere. I briefly disconnected the supply line and gave it a sniff test, and yes, gas is flowing in.

Old 03-05-18, 09:51 AM
Group Moderator
Received 3,947 Upvotes on 3,540 Posts
Some ranges had a gas shut-off valve inside near the regulator.

Old 03-06-18, 01:44 AM
It's fixed. The oven and broiler we're controlled by a little red switch on the pressure regulator, and the burners we're missing some little plates which I had put in my truck glovebox for safe keeping when I bought the stove home. Thanks for your help. Regards, Jim
  1. .

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: