Opening a Magic Chef 82LK-3K Gas Cooktop

Old 09-10-16, 01:47 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Opening a Magic Chef 82LK-3K Gas Cooktop

Hello All,

I have a Magic Chef 82LK-3K cook top that is all glass except for where the burners and switches come through (see picture 1). I'm looking to open it up to replace one of the ignition switches which has stopped working (the other three still spark all of the burners, but one won't spark any of them). (Example replacement part: Magic Chef Range/Stove/Oven Spark Ignition Switch WP7403P190-60 | RepairClinic.com)

However, I haven't been able to find any instructions on how to open the range. I don't want to accidentally bend a gas pipe or do some other damage that is more serious than the current inconvenience. There are three screws around each burner and down inside the burner it looks like there is a nut (see picture 2). Are those what I need to remove (besides the knobs) or is there something else or different?

I've studied the diagrams on the internet for replacement parts, but I can't really tell how this thing is put together.

Thanks in advance if you have any experience opening this cook top or one similar.

--Stephen

Attached Images   
Sponsored Links
Old 09-10-16, 02:01 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,112 Votes on 1,032 Posts
The screws around the burner need to be removed. The "nut" in the middle is the orifice and doesn't get touched.