Kenmore Gas Range has low flame

Old 11-06-16, 08:50 AM
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Kenmore Gas Range has low flame

I've had a kenmore gas range for the better part of 10 years and it has worked great. Recently while cooking i notice it was taking a long time to bown some meat for chili. I moved the pot and discovered the flame on the main front burner was not fully around and not vey high. I checked the other three burners and the flame was high and full. Befire I start ripping into this and sticking paper clips into small orafices does anyone have any experience or ideas of what could be causing the problem?

Old 11-06-16, 10:05 AM
D
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 58 Votes on 49 Posts
We have a new Kenmore gas stove that is about a month old. When we brought it in & set it up, we noticed a couple of the burners didn't have a full flame all the way around. Our daughter came by & we showed her & she jiggled around, removed & replaced the little round cap thingy that sits on top of the burner itself (not the square grate thing that your cookware actually sits on). I don't know what its called but when she moved it around, the burners worked correctly.

In the end, I didn't have those little round "cap" things that sit directly down on the burner exactly right on there. The purpose of these, is for the flame to come from the burner, underneath & around these little "caps" to make a uniform flame under your cookware. If its not on correctly, it will bock part of the flame coming from under & around the little cap thingy.

Hope this helps & is a quick simple fix for you. Good luck.

Old 11-06-16, 10:17 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,511 Votes on 1,397 Posts
It can be tricky to get the burner caps on correctly but after ten years I'd have to figure the OP had them on right.

It is very common on a sealed top burner stove for liquids to get down and block the orifices. A small pin or piece of wire will clean it out. You don't want to enlarge the hole and don't use anything that can break off.

Old 11-06-16, 10:44 AM
Dixie2012
Thanks for the response, unfortunatley it's not that easy of a fix. I've tried that over and over again.

Old 06-19-17, 11:03 AM
D
Grubbygus,
what solved your problem in the end?

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: