Problem with Range LED Display or Sub PCB for display?

Old 02-24-18, 10:57 AM
T
Received 1 Vote on 1 Post
Problem with Range LED Display or Sub PCB for display?

Hello
Is The LED display usually the first to go bad or is it most likely the PCB hook into with the display?
Range control panel does not work. It lights up and says various different things like cleaning oven or other when pressing oven broil or bake. None work.
The manual give a way to check codes by pressing clock-1,2,3,4-Star set-CL0ck and 1 ect. But this does not work or give any codes.
I bought the LED display thinking it may be that. But could be the sub PCB that connects to the display. I though they came as a unit but they do not.

Note that when I asked sears for the image of the PCB board they sent the link where the PCB board (maybe others) can be bought for 35$ VS the like $115 that sears wanted. here is the link to buy some PCB boards at less expensive. Of course, the first choice to buy elec parts and boards is repairclinic.com who is the only one of that I know of that accepts returns on elec for about any reason, Even after you install.
Oh yes, i did check all ribbon cables to see if loose.

http://www.gdapstore.xyz/microwave-p...10a-p-4474.htm

Samsung model NE58K9430SS/AA

Attached Images  
Old 02-24-18, 12:15 PM
Group Moderator
Received 2,980 Votes on 2,688 Posts
I'm on the road right now so can't check all my parts sources.

This shows as an electric range with dual convection oven. When I look at the parts listings I can see from here.... there are microwave parts listed. Does this have microwave too ?

I'll be back in several hours with more info for you.

Old 02-24-18, 03:54 PM
T
Thanks for checking appliance pro and even the samsung site lists the range with a microwave. But it does not have a microwave. The sears listed as a slide-in range and that's what it is not sure why I did call and they said it was the correct part. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the sub PCB board right next to the display even though I bought the display because I thought it had both.
I started to buy it from the one website the 35$ but I didn't look like It worked right. They have no contact phone number I'm always leery to buy from a website with no contact phone number. It is probally from another country. I need to clarify that my other post. i am not recommending the gdapstore site, but it is cheaper by quite a bit. And the sears chat lady sent me the site. By mistake, I think, So it may be worth a try.

I also see i posted under gas by mistake. Not sure how to move it to electric

Last edited by TimsBoynton; 02-24-18 at 04:09 PM.
Old 02-24-18, 04:16 PM
Group Moderator
Very little factory service info on this model.

When I dig deep I find the part number you linked to....DE94-03610A
However, I'm also finding a second number....DE92-03959A

appliance parts pros/samsung-assy-pcb-eeprom-de94-03610a-ap6244729.html
part select/DE94-03610A-Assembly-PCB-EEPROM-EEP-01-DE92-03959A-NE900.htm

Maybe the same part.
I am very leery at that $35 part.

Old 02-24-18, 04:25 PM
T
Hello
Thanks for checking. I did check with Appliance pro and that is the part number I got. The cheap site does not even give a ship date. Not sure about it. I did order it but got no confirmation number so not sure the order went thru to the cheap site. I was thinking it might be a trick to get me to order it twice.

I could post the pdf of manual bit not sure it will post or is OK to do so.

Old 02-24-18, 04:39 PM
Group Moderator
You can post if it's not too large for the board to handle.
I think the board only allows 19.5k pdf files and smaller.

Old 02-24-18, 07:11 PM
T
Hello
Manual is too large to post about 1800 KB. below is a link to a almost the same manual which is good for several models. page 37 says to get the PCB if display does not work. You can get the actual manual for your specific range at smasungparts for about 9$. Which I did. And it is almost the same manual

If you look at the diagram in the first post its hard to tell which one is the sub PCB as 1-3 is not listed in the text. Or on the list of items you can buy. You have to call up on the phone to be sure what 1-3 is or get the price. Note that often they say "no image available", but if you use the chat you can often get a picture to be more sure of what your buying.
https://www.scribd.com/document/3317...Service-Manual

Last edited by TimsBoynton; 02-24-18 at 07:34 PM.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: