BBQ or stove Knob Shaft Extender

Old 03-16-18, 10:34 AM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
BBQ or stove Knob Shaft Extender

I'm looking for a part for my BBQ (also includes stoves). Im not sure what it is called but it may be referred to as a Knob Shaft Extender. I have an outdoor BBQ that is built into a countertop. The control knobs for the BBQ are on top of the countertop as apposed to the front like many conventional BBQs. I plan on tiling the countertop. I need something to extend the length of the control knob about 1 inch. I have been searching but I cant find what I need. The BBQ knob has a female end with the larger sized D opening. I cannot move the knobs from their current location as it is the only place I could get them to fit.

Any ideas would be helpful. Thanks.

Attached Images  
Sponsored Links
Old 03-16-18, 11:35 AM
Group Moderator
Received 1,176 Votes on 1,090 Posts
Would seem to be an easy part to locate but it's not. At one time I had seen the actual extender available but don't see them anymore.

I've done what you want to do but it takes a little creative work. I have the 1/4" bar stock and I grind/file that to match the knob and then use a 1/4" shaft coupler.

I left you a link to the search page as there are many places to get the couplers including amazon.... google/search=shaft+coupler

Old 03-16-18, 12:20 PM
P
Group Moderator
Received 681 Votes on 628 Posts
I searched for "gas grill extender" and saw some shaft extension but honestly I don't like how they look. I would go with PJmax's idea. With some 1/4" diameter brass or stainless steel rod, shaft couplers and a file you could make something of better quality and have it be exactly the length you need.

Old 03-16-18, 01:29 PM
B
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Thanks for the idea. I had a feeling I was going to have to fabricate my own.