Propane stove flames turned orange

Old 12-01-18, 06:58 PM
F
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Propane stove flames turned orange

Recently we had to re level our propane tank due to it sinking into the ground on one side. Right around the same time I noticed the flames on my stove turn from blue to orange. I didn't pay much attention to it until we were replacing our over the stove microwave. Which was a major ordeal. Its been several weeks now and the flames are still orange with just a little blue at the orifice. I know orange flames are not what should be burning. What do you suggest?

Old 12-01-18, 08:33 PM
M
Received 2 Votes on 2 Posts
An orange flame indicates incomplete combustion and it is not safe to operate the stove. It is likely producing increased levels of carbon monoxide, which obviously isnt a good thing. Could be a bad regulator on the tank or the stove may need adjusting.

Any chance you are running a humidifier in the house? Excessive humidity can also cause propane flame to burn more orange than blue.

Old 12-01-18, 09:29 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,316 Votes on 1,216 Posts
Welcome to the forums.

I'd recommend calling your propane provider and have them check the pressure levels ASAP.
It definitely sounds like a regulator issue and the pressure is too high.
Any propane device connected could be burning improperly.

As mentioned..... CO is a very real and dangerous problem from flames like that.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: