Can you buy just the rubber gasket for a Frigidaire gas top burner valve?

Old 01-06-19, 08:52 AM
E
Received 0 Votes on 0 Posts
Can you buy just the rubber gasket for a Frigidaire gas top burner valve?

Hi. I replaced the insulation around my oven (FGGF3058RWB) Frigidaire Gallery, and in the process one of the little red rubber gaskets was lost. This gasket comes with the top burner valve assembly and they run about fifty bucks. It seals the knob valve on the top of the valve at the bottom of the manifold. There are 5 of these valves, but only one has lost itís gasket. I just want to know if I can buy just the gasket or do I have to buy the entire assembly? If so, where? Does it need to be OEM or can I get generic?

Last edited by Estear68; 01-06-19 at 09:00 AM. Reason: Not enough details
Old 01-06-19, 09:10 AM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Not the pro here but here ia a break down of stove.Go to a local appliance parts store and see what they have. Look under burner and see if there.https://www.searspartsdirect.com/mod...rm=FGGF3058RWB)

Old 01-06-19, 09:45 AM
E
Thanks

The link is just the diagram. When you click on the correct diagram it says they no longer carry any parts for this stove. I have the pic of the part I need from another website diagram and they have the assembly on hand. I just donít wanna buy the whole thing. Just wanna buy the gasket. I am planning to take the pic with me to the store but not sure what store to go to. Home stores and ACE probably wonít have it but might have a generic gasket that might work? We have Locke Supply but I have to have a license to buy from there, and I donít. Just trying to save some money because I can buy the whole assembly right now for fifty but three sounds way better. Just frustrating when all I need is one little rubber washer, but I donít wanna get something that wonít last and burn down the house.

Old 01-06-19, 12:20 PM
Forum Topic Moderator
Received 75 Votes on 68 Posts
Look up appliance part store for your area. Post area and we can find one for you.

Old 01-06-19, 01:46 PM
Group Moderator
Received 1,321 Votes on 1,221 Posts
Appliance parts places like to sell parts complete. It's hard to direct you without knowing exactly what that seal is made of. You want to be very careful as that is an always live gas seal. It must be correct.
OEM valve part # 5303935308. I've found used replacement valves from $12 at ebay.

Name:  surface burner valve.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  42.5 KB

Old 01-06-19, 10:08 PM
E
Thanks again

Thanks for your help. I will get one on ebay.

Search this Thread

Ask a Question
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: